lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2012

The Lord of the Fallacies


Mahatma Gandhi is an inspiration and role model to many people in the world. I never knew exactly what he did or what his thoughts were, but after reading this amazing speech, I can consider myself one of his followers.
It took me a long time to find fallacies in Gandhi’s speech. So I decided to look in other people’s blogs to help me out. I managed to find a few.
Almost at the end of the speech, Gandhi posits: “Hence I gather that God is life, truth, light. He is love. He is the supreme Good. But He is no God who merely satisfies the intellect, if He ever does. God to be God must rule the heart and transform it. He must express himself in every smallest act of His votary. This can only be done through a definite realization, more real than the five senses can ever produce.”
In this quote I was able to identify some fallacies including misinterpreting the evidence. He starts the paragraph by telling us God is practically the essence of life, convincing the audience of it. But ending the paragraph, he tells us all the bad things that don’t make a God, which are hard to fulfill, making us confused.
            I was also able to identify in this quote the fallacy of ignorance. He doesn’t give us an example of a God, therefore, not convincing us that it exists.
Wow it took me some time to identify only two fallacies in a quote. I know there are much more than two but I wasn’t able to explain them. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario